BALDWIN CITY, Kansas – The Baker University football team has kept the No. 2 ranking in all six of the NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 polls this season including Monday's installment, announced by the NAIA national office.
The 6-0 Wildcats enjoyed its Bye week last week, while No. 1 St. Francis (Ind.) won the NAIA Game of the Week, 35-18, over then-No. 20 Concordia (Mich.) last Saturday.
Baker is 6-0 for the third time in the last four years and have won 23-straight games against a Heart of America Athletic Conference opponent.
Also ranked this week from the Heart includes No. 6 Grand View and No. 12 Benedictine. Both fell to the Wildcats this season.
Next up, the Wildcats face rival MNU on Saturday, Oct. 14 at 11:07 a.m. inside Liston Stadium in a game that will be broadcast worldwide on the Watch ESPN App/ESPN 3 and locally on KSMO-TV.
Fans can watch the game live, by clicking here.
The No. 2 ranked 'Cats also feature the No. 2 scoring offense in the NAIA, as they average 53.5 points per game.
Baker is now one of eight teams in the NAIA with an undefeated record, including No. 1 St. Francis (6-0), Reinhardt (Ga.) (5-0), Morningside (Iowa) (6-0), Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (5-0), Southern Oregon (5-0), Langston (Okla.) (5-0), Georgetown (Ky.) (5-0).
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
• Saint Francis' top billing marks the 19th-consecutive time that a team from the Mid-States Football Association Mideast League has held the No. 1 mark in the poll.
• The Cougars pushed their NAIA-best winning streak to 15-straight after a 35-18 victory over then-No. 20 Concordia (Neb.) last week in the NAIA Football Game of the Week. Saint Francis has now scored 31-or-more points in every game this season.
• Saint Francis returns the gridiron Saturday at Siena Heights (Mich.).
• No. 24 Cumberland (Tenn.) is the only newcomer this week. The Phoenix return to the Top 25 following a dominant win over Cincinnati Christian (Ohio), 58-0.
• Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1 rankings with 58, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55), No. 9 Georgetown (Ky.) (25), No. 4 Morningside (Iowa) (20), No. 10 Saint Xavier (Ill.) (14) and Saint Francis (11).
• Morningside holds the longest active streak with 131-straight Top 25 mentions. Additionally, the Mustangs have been ranked within the top 10 in 80-straight polls.
To view the entire Top 25 poll, please click here.