BALDWIN CITY, Kansas – The Baker University men's soccer team moved up two spots from No. 6 to No. 4 in this week's NAIA Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 poll, announced on Tuesday.
This is the highest ranking for the men's soccer program, since they were ranked No. 2 in the Preseason edition of the 2012 Top 25 Poll.
Baker is 10-1-1 on the year and 6-0 in the Heart of America Athletic conference. The 'Cats have won eight-straight matches and have outscored its opponents, 23-6, in that stretch.
Baker's seven shut outs this season are No. 1 in the NAIA and the 'Cats 33 assists are 11th in the nation.
Reigning Heart Offensive Player of the Week, Blake Levine, is No. 3 in the NAIA in total assists with 12.
Also ranked this week from the Heart includes five other teams, No. 2 Missouri Valley, No. 12 Central Methodist, No. 20 Benedictine, No. 22 Grand View and No. 25 MNU.
Baker will next take on No. 12 CMU this Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 5 p.m. in Fayette, Missouri.
Top 25 Highlights
- William Carey captured a 2-1 win over Dalton State (Ga.) and a 3-1 win over Faulkner (Ala.) to earn its third No. 1 ranking in program history
- The Crusaders earned 17 first place votes, and 467 total points
- Hastings (Neb.), the defending national champion, holds on to its No. 8 ranking again this week after two high-scoring wins. The Broncos are now 9-3-0 on the year
- Grand View (Iowa) re-joins the Top 25 for the first time since the Preseason Poll, coming in at No. 22 this week
- Rio Grande (Ohio) maintains the record for the most No. 1 rankings of all time with 57 total
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) currently holds the record as the longest consecutively-ranked active school at 112 straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 Poll in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second with 104 straight
Fans can watch Wednesday nights match up, by clicking here.
To view the entire Top 25 poll, please click here.